1. Use up lotion.
*Worked pretty well. The number of bottles is steadily decreasing and I remember to wear it more frequently.
2. Win a receipt sweepstakes by doing every survey I get on a receipt.
*Did not win. Gave up after April because I did not win. Still consider it though.
3. Go on more dates.
*Well this one was successful. I did go on more dates, I met Aaron, and as of New Year's we have been on over 140 dates. Woot!
4. Exercise more consistently.
*Nope. Still a slacker.
5. Wear more lip gloss.
*Nope. I wear plenty of chapstick, but lip gloss makes me self conscious and it wears off. Too much work.
6. Visit one of the two states left on my list.
*Success! I visited both North Dakota and Oregon. You can check all 50 states off my list!
7. Go through some of these dang boxes and get rid of things!
*Success. Still culling and now I am repacking it and going to get rid of even more. It may not look like it, but it is true!
8. Drink more wine.
*Marginally more successful. Really I drink more beer and good beer at that.
9. Watch more movies.
*Marginally successful. I have watched more movies especially with the opening of the drive-in, but probably not that many more.
10. Leave school at school.
*Marginally successful. I leave earlier every year and I spend less time working on stuff every semester, but I am still a work-a-holic. Becoming a graduate student probably has not helped this situation.
So that brings me to resolutions for 2011. Some of those obviously will continue. Aaron would say that I need to spend more time sitting and doing nothing, and I try, but mentally that is hard for me to do.
Well one is to leave work every day by 430 and also not to do work at home. The time constraint is because soon I will have a 45 minute commute and I want to get home while it is lighter. It also ties in with leaving work in general and using my time efficiently. Besides coaching two teams, I am teaching three sections of the same thing for like the first time ever so that should make it easier. It's a good goal.
Other than that I am not really sure. I am drawing a blank on a possible year-long goal which makes me a slacker after having 10 for last year (even if some of them were failures). I will think on it more.
Those sound like really good goals! I think I'll work on the leave earlier from school one too.
ReplyDelete