I love dress up days. I guess its a good thing I work in a school because if I worked a normal job, I don't think there would be that many dress up days at all. Just silly ones like boring casual day or pajamas or something.
Week before last was Fashion Week for the fashion marketing classes and they came up with some good days. Monday was "pretty in pink" day and I wore as much pink as possible... and interestingly enough I matched it all. Pink polka dot skirt with a pink top, sweater, shoes, striped socks, etc. I was dripping in pink. Tuesday was decades day and I wore a polyester flowery dress, Thursday was Cause day so I wore my "recycling is sexy" t-shirt in honor of earth day, and Friday was formal day... and I wore the black and blue bridesmaid bowling dress. Awesome. Wednesday was "dress like you're not" day which I thought was an interesting concept, but I had my field trip that day, so I wore comfy clothes with fish on them.
The funny thing is... it doesn't matter what I wear, my classroom runs smoothly. I even had a guest observer working towards her license that week... and I looked ridiculous. Yesterday I taught 2nd period with an eye patch, a pirate hat and a sword, and Thursday I wore a tiara all day just because I felt like it.
Next week is some sort of "Yay SOLs are coming - how can we get people going - dress up days." Monday is Math day so wear a shirt with a number. Easy. And its the second Jeans-Monday in a row! Tuesday and Wednesday are dress up like character days - one is fictional for english and the other is historical for history. I just can't remember which. I am going to go as Molly Pitcher for historical and just wear one of my colonial dresses... and then I think for fictional character I am going to go as KimPossible for lack of a better idea. Thursday is wear a "save the planet" something and thanks to Kelley I will have a hard time deciding. I forget what Friday is... so to me these ones are not as fun, but I still enjoy thinking of what to wear.
Not a lot of kids dress up, but some do... and I think they get a kick out of seeing what I wear, at least my kids do... sometimes I get odd looks from kids that don't know me.
25 More Things
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks!