Because we all have graduation robes, it seems easy enough. I have green graduation robes so I decided to represent Slytherin. I even called mom during my planning to make sure she still had them. Then I looked up Slytherin crests and nice looking Death Eater Tattoo. I asked some of the male teachers afterschool if they had a green and silver tie, no luck I think, but Knight is going to check. Mary Louise decided to go as Professor Sprout and grabbed a Rutabega from the Food Dog to use as a Mandrake. Laura is going to wear my Muggle tshirt, and I am bringing a black robe just in case. I am not sure what everyone else is doing specifically. I think they may not be as excited, or were just waiting to see what they could find at home.
After school, Shannon and I met in Goodwill to finalize our outfits and giggle at some of the clothes we found. I totally found a green and white striped polo (and literally polo) in the kids section that works perfectly - now with two paper cut out Slytherin house emblems on it. Shannon got a maroon tie (no green ones) and figured she had enough at home to complete her Gryffinddor costume.While listening to Wait Wait Don't Tell me, I sketched a death eater tattoo in pen and then went over it in sharpie. I'm going to go over it again tomorrow and accessorize a little more. I am def going to try to get a group photo tomorrow because this should be hilarious.
I also suck at taking photos with my phone. It's impossible to hold and take a photo at the same time.
and...somehow you seem to have no problem coming up with ideas...or clothes. i bet your kids do love seeing what you come up with.
ReplyDeleteExcellent! I can't wait to hear how it goes.
ReplyDelete