Friday, May 21

GRADUATION

Graduation on Friday started at 7, but we all needed to be back at 5 to get the seniors ready to go. For me, it's not big deal because I live so close, however for some of the folks in Richmond or Charlottesville it's just not worth it to go home. So Shannon organized a mini-potluck for some folks that was very nice with some really delicious chicken. I didn't make time to make anything so I provided some crusty bread, grapes, and the biggest strawberries ever. Of course none of us made it back to the high school by 5, but 5:30 is really close enough.

I marched with students - the TW boys to be exact - and that basically includes corralling them in my room, keeping them mildly entertained, and making sure they look good by straightening ties, buttoning the buttons on their collars and straightening their sashes. They were mostly a bunch of rednecks so we had a good time. They enjoyed my company and I did not mind watching them or listening to them talk about their trucks that were lifted too high (or their trucks that are lowered to low).

Graduation is graduation. You've been to one and they are all kind of the same. Jay came and found me so we could celebrate his graduation (finally) and we snapped a photo. After marching out, I walked over to the tables with the counselors and helped hand out diplomas til they were mostly gone, then I headed to the parking lot, scored perfect timing with the cops, and hit the road.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Jay! And, they seemed to match you with the right students to be holed up in your room with. Another year gone! Another great job! Congrats to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!