Friday evening, Aaron and I joined some people over at Holladays for beers and cheers. I was feeling a little under the weather and decided to see if benadryl and beer mix and surprisingly felt no ill effects. Probably bc benadryl does not actually make me tired. I invited Adam last minute and he was able to come plus Mary Louise and her hubby Joel were there so it was good conversations all around. Could you dive into the hammock and do a 360 without falling out? I think you could, but Aaron, the physics teacher bets 5 to 1, you can't. Joel and I both decided we would probably trip and fall before making the running leap into the hammock. :) Aaron received approval of the science department from Shannon. I also ate like thirty jalapeƱo poppers. Yum.
Saturday Aaron and I went up to Shenandoah and hiked a waterfall trail that I had not done (those are far and few between). We could not have asked for better weather, it was cool, the trees were green and lush, it was gorgeous. I even forgot about how hard it was to breathe a few times. My snotrockets were more impressive than normal too. The waterfalls were pretty awesome. We had hiked another waterfall the previous weekend (or maybe two?) and it was a cool hike, but we were way up the gorge so you could hardly see the waterfall.
This hike on the Cedar Run Trail followed the stream down the canyon to a fan shaped waterfall with a nice pool, and then even further down to some steeper narrower sections that looked even better.
If it had been warmer, I might have even gone swimming. I snuck a picture of two of Aaron while taking pics of the waterfalls. You can see the gorge fall behind him.
I was starving, so Aaron and I stopped at a roadside burger place in Sperryville and inhaled hot salty french fries and cheeseburgers and then I dropped him back off at his car in Culpeper so he could go get ready to valet cars for his school's prom. I took 15 back to Orange and joined the Jackowicz at the rodeo to watch some bull riding. I don't know why I like it, but I find it pretty exciting. It was the first one of the season so lots couldn't make it for the 8 seconds and the bulls were being ornery and not heading for the chute regularly. There was a lot of chasing bulls around the ring trying to get them to back in... and occasionally an additional one coming out of the open chute so then there were 2 to deal with! It was however really cold and even colder when the people sitting behind as a windblock left.
Today is Sunday. I wore my "I love Mom" tshirt and joined Mom and Rich at Joe's for biscuits and gravy and then at the house for opinions, conversations, and a few birthday presents. Right now I am tooling around cleaning off my table, doing laundry, playing on the internet, trying to breathe normally and getting addicted to tissues infused with Vick's vapo-rub, and wondering about that green toothbrush in the bathroom next to my pink one. :)
You had a "sparkle" today. It must be from all that hiking. :) And I am glad to know there is an "extra" toothbrush next to yours. The pic was great and he is quite "nice" and so were the falls.
ReplyDeletethat green toothbrush sounds scandalous!!
ReplyDeletei think the sparkle was all the juicy SNOT.
ReplyDeletethis all agrees with you...says the smile on your face!
ReplyDeleteare they, collectively, "the jackowiczi"?
ReplyDeleteI don't know which makes things seem more serious: the green toothbrush or the fact that you can create impressive snot-rockets in front of this guy. Either way, keep having fun!
ReplyDelete