When I arrived at Karrie and James's home, Dad was grating carrots. I jumped right in and got to work. Shredding a whole bag of carrots takes some time, but I was a speed machine. Why do we need so many shredded carrots? For coleslaw and carrot cakes :)

Next Dad and I worked on the potato salad. Whatever internet source they are using to try and judge how much food needs to be made calls for 4o pounds of potatoes and 10 pounds of ingredients to make 50 pounds of potato salad. Epic. I cut potatoes and peeled onions and peeled hardboiled eggs while Dad was cleaning the potatoes, cutting the onions, chopping celery and making the sauce... then it does into a large tub... like something you would put toys or yard waste... like at least seven gallons to be layered and mixed.
A

nd how do you mix so much potato salad? By hand... YUM.
After the potato salad, it was doing dishes, sweeping the garage and other odds and ends. We reconfigured the refrigerators to maximize space, made plans for the next day, and worked on dinner.

As soon as Karrie got home, she started mixing cakes together and putting them together. There are now two layered carrot cakes and one layered red velvet in the fridge (iced with crumb coat... whatever that means).
Karrie and James seem to have this all figured out... and are not stressing at all, so that is good. Today is making 30 pounds of coleslaw (not the 300 i just accidentally typed), mixing the chicken barbecue (poundage unknown), making half a dozen more cakes to get layered and a bunch of other errands. Kelley and Mom and Rich get into town tonight and the real festivities begin tomorrow. Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks!