
Now that can be misconstrued :) Too bad nothing like is likely to happen any time soon.
I awoke bright and early on Monday – bright. Sun reflecting off snow is dazzling… and then the sun went behind the clouds. I decided to make homemade cinnamon rolls so I started on those and while the dough was rising I worked out. I started the cinnamon rolls at 8am and they were out of the oven at 1130. Definitely something to prepare a head of time. But the recipe did make two batches so there is one more batch to cook when it is convenient (and without all the prep time).

Eventually Mom woke up and we shoveled the porch off while the cinnamon rolls were baking. Part of that included a trip down to the shed to get the big shovel. On the porch – one of the easiest places to measure we had 10 solid inches – and this was at 11 so some melting and compacting could have occurred. We got heaps of snow.

The cinnamon rolls were fabulous and the perfect nourishment for a morning of shoveling. The big pine tree in the back lost some large branches because of the weight of the snow so we shook some of the others in hopes of lightening them so they wouldn’t break as well. It was really beautiful outside. I was only wearing long sleeves, a vest, and my hot pink snowpants with leggings. We cleaned off the cars, shoveled paths around them, cleared part of the walks, and removed the slushy sludge at the end of the driveway that gets pushed there by the snowplows. That’s the hardest part to get over in the car and also the most dangerous because it gets slippery. The mailman came – snow is not stopping the post! Then we shoveled Joann’s walk so she could walk Rudy and came back to shovel half of the driveway. It really wasn’t hard because of the fluffiness of the top snow and the wetness of the bottom snow. I was a machine – shovel shovel shovel. Man I am sore today! I did extra stretches and exercises to try to loosen up my back.
522 is clear and the advantage of living right off of it is that I could leave if I wanted. The snow is gorgeous on the plants, but it is weighing down a lot of branches. I heard that many people have lost power and they set up the middle school as an emergency shelter.
As it is, I am content to be at home doing things I need to get done, some school stuff, some personal. Living off 522 and not going out, I have no idea what the state of the side roads are. I don’t know if we will have school on Wednesday or not.
Yippee! Snow Days are wonderful! I'm so glad that you guys got a few days off. You definitely got more snow than we did here...only about 4-5 inches for us.
ReplyDeleteI hope you made a snowman and went sledding. yeah, right. =P