If you have not met my friend Hot Mel then you are missing out. She is a renowned pinniped (seals and sea lions) biologist and a movie star. PBS Nova did a segment on pinnipeds in California, and Mel was on camera and speaking about some of the stuff she does with her research. If you think seal research is glamorous - you are right - and you can hear about it in Mel's own words at her blog - http://topp.org/blog/melindafowler
And soon for spring break, Jamie and I will get to be seal biologists again donning blue shirts and creeping up on the elephant seals to make out with them. :) Hooray.
For a minute, I thought that, by Jamie, you meant me! And I got really excited! There are no hot pinnipeds in my future, though . . . But at least I got to learn a wonderful new word :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kim! See you soon!!!
ReplyDeleteAre you as desperate and counting down to Spring Break as I am?? I think you are! We have river otters in the French Broad and Davidison Rivers...does that count as awesome? =)
ReplyDeleteI also know Melinda well, and can vouch that she is very awesome!
ReplyDelete