Monday, March 23

Cabbages and Road Kings

Saturday night was the limerick party with green foods, good brews, and funny limericks. I actually won the competition - and won a cabbage for my troubles - for the following limerick. I think everyone was impressed with my ability to pronounce the scientific name for DDT even with my liquid handicap.

A mosquito was heard to complain
That a chemist had poisoned his brain
The cause of his sorrow
Was paradichloro
Diphenyltrichloroethane.
-- Dr. D. D. Perrin

Sunday I took my first motorcycle class and sunburned my neck. I know how to turn a motorcylce on and off, mount and dismount, accelerate, brake, and shift into first and neutral. I feel like I learned a lot even though I am far from ready to take on the open road. Bonnie is going to help me some this week and I have a two day safety and skills class in a few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Kim, all I can say is, you rock!
    From complete geek to complete badass in just a paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love limericks! What a great party idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll have to save some of these leather bustiers i have been collecting for mom for you. :) i know you <3 fringe.

    also ... no pick of your green dolphin tee reciting that limerick? (which is awesome btw!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!