So... can I admit that I am a little disappointed? I sent a good luck text message on Saturday with an invite to de-stress later (i was in town anyway) and called Sunday afternoon for an idea to hang out Monday and to figure out if he had to work during the day on Monday and Tuesday (because his email was not specific - just that he had free time then). and I haven't heard anything. And I am not doing any more contacting because then I become paranoid about being pushy. Knowing my luck (and past circumstances that have applied to me) he got back together with the ex girlfriend.
I have an unknown number that called me while I was at the Nutcracker - but the person didn't leave a message. I have revenge boy's number (he gave it to me), so whose number is that? Do I dare call it to find out? Am I that desperate. No, I think. I think I will stick by my stand by - if it wasn't important enough to leave a message, then it wasn't important. Does that mean I am not important? Well maybe not to revenge boy.
More Christmas festivities abound.
Karrie and I saw the Nutcracker today. It was nice. I like the ballet and it was good to hang out with my sis. Karrie and I decided that we have ballerina legs - only mine aren't nearly as strong as theirs. Karrie and I definitely appreciate the muscle and work that goes into a ballet performance.
Last night I went to the Harkrader's 49th annual Christmas party where people sing songs and recite things as entertainment. I recited the Santa Claus Big Bang theory poem, realizing as I stood that some of those folks are fairly religious and I might offend. Oh well. Many people told me they enjoyed it. I wore my Christmas dress because Ward and Mona told me I should and it is a good thing I did. If I hadn't have worn it, I would have worn jeans and then been seriously under dressed. All the boys had on suit jackets and most of the women had on nice dresses.
On Saturday while I was running errands I saw a limo waiting to turn on a side street and a glimmer of light... and this time of year that can only mean one thing - TACKY LIGHTS (yeah I know could have been anything really). I doubled back and took a peek at the lights. My favorite was a simple yard with two identical snowmen - one was white the other was yellow. And there was a sign above that said - "eat - don't eat." Classy.
And I am not yet tired of Christmas music. I have a new favorite song called My Holiday by Susan Greenbaum a local Richmond Artist. I might go see her tonight after I am done visiting with Dad.
Happy Holidays. And better luck with dating than me.
25 More Things
12 years ago
Boys are eternal mysteries. And I think that the troubling multitude of media - e-mail, texting, phone calls, cell phones - makes it worse.
ReplyDeleteHi Kim,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you... don't call back the unknown number! You don't need him (or whomever it was).
BTW - Todd mentioned that you want a new small laptop set up like Neil's. The secret to getting him to set up your computer is by visiting and commenting on his blog. In your comment you can ask him for set up help. Here's the link: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1574544445117961963&postID=1139535436309234773
He lives for comments!!
-Dianna
I agree with Jamie about boys! I had a crisis about whether or not I should e-mail/call Keegan practically every other day when we started dating. Blecch.
ReplyDeleteThe yellow and white snowmen totally cracked me up - I need anecdotes like that since I'm missing all the tacky fun over here.