Mom took us to see them a few years ago and I wanted to see them again. Since I missed out on a lot of holiday stuff last year, this year I am going to do EVERYTHING holiday I can think of. I have already bought my Christmas cards and started planning some gifts as well as activities to get all my Christmas in - and i started listening to some holiday music - before November! shocking. So as i was in the one hundred thousand person line to get in I read on my ticket where it said no cameras. Poo! There were so many people in line and I was already stressing out that I wasn't going to make it in before the show started that I hid my camera in sock and hoped I could make it in. Easy.
So on Thursday that band kids went to see the Richmond Symphony - I was telling them about TSO and how they needed to plead with their parent about going. They of course had no idea what I was talking about, so I pulled out a cd (I just happen to keep a few holiday cds with my school cds for when the time comes) and we listened to it all period. A lot of the kids really liked it. On Friday we listened to it all day and I let my students know that I was going to them play on Saturday.
So I was sitting there watching the rock spectacle, I decided I needed to take some photos for my kids - because I knew that some of them were going to ask me about it Monday. As I was snapping a few covert photos trying to catch the lasers, fireworks, and flames in actions, I actually looked around and saw at least five people videotaping it with cameras and phones. What the heck! The man in front of me with the two small kids was the worst.
It was actually all about showing my students something they would not normally be exposed to. And today - they really enjoyed the few short clips I had. Now if only they would do well on their benchmarks and stop stressing me out!
Rock On.
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one listening to Christmas music already! Ryan thought that I had waited until Halloween was over, but there are always a few Cd's in my car.
ReplyDeleteLast night I had a dream about Christmas decorations. We didn't pack any, but in my dream, I found a whole box. Guess I'll have to be resigned to the 1,000 won store.
ReplyDeleteyou are a pirate!!
ReplyDeletefor once, i am glad i am not at home. i HATE xmas music (except twisted sister xmas ... please let me know if you need a copy) and remember being the bitch at TSO saying "it's cold in here, can we please go?" :)
whew...i did do something that made an impression once or twice. i will have to go with you the next time! and...time to search out stomp!
ReplyDeletesign me up for STOMP!!
ReplyDelete