Friday, July 4

Happy Fourth

Happy Fourth of July and thank those headstrong you-cant't-tell-me-what-to-do forefathers who thought we'd should throw out the British. And thank anyone who is and who has ever been in the armed forces protecting whatever it is the head honchos think we ought to be protecting. Even if you don't support the reason, support the individuals. Better them, than me, bc I am not getting in a fight I don't believe in, and I don't like people telling me what to do. (BTW did you hear about the massive amount of people that showed up to BOO at Bush at his thing in Monticello in C-ville?)

I went to the Louisa Fireman's Fair for my fourth. I think I should have just came for the fireworks, and I would have, if I had actually known what time they started. It was not a total loss. Dinner was a corn dog and a funnel cake. I saw some of the fattest people on the planet among other interesting people-watching. Ran into a former student I actually wanted to talk to. Only saw two people my age that I used to go to school with - one was fat, the other quite pregnant (and no man in tow). It was surprising how few people I knew. And then I went to the car and read for a bit. The fireworks were good - lots of the kinds I like. And lots of neat red, white, and blue displays.

Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

Thanks!