Monday, April 14

workin for the man?

I am officially signed up for substituting at the high school. Tomorrow I will be Mr. Jasman and teach government. Later this week I will also masquerade as an earth science teacher and a spanish teacher. We shall see how this goes.

I got offered a position at the middle school. If I don't take it, I don't think they have to offer me one if it becomes available at the high school. If I take it, I may not be able to transfer to the high school if a position does become available. Do I want to teach middle school? Would I be dissapointed if I had to teach in another county. Tough decisions.

Since I will be at the high school, maybe I will just flat out ask the girl if she is leaving, and if she is to hurry it up so I can have her spot. I am forward and blunt. I can accomplish that. Maybe.

Also thinking about other jobs with the man in the form of hourly jobs. Where should I work? I am thinking the book store. But I am open to suggestions.

5 comments:

  1. My advice, if you take a low-paying hourly job, make sure you have people (that you can at least stand) to talk to. And also make sure that you don't have to stand in one tiny (2.5 X 3) spot all day. It's is a big help if you get a discount at that location...and then actually use it. Honestly, I think that you'd do well in the restaurant field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about selling shoes again... i seem to remember those summers in the hamptons when you came home with shoes all the time. or you are good at being a bartender and now you have lots of good traveling stories to tell.
    beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. an outdoor job...nursery maybe? lowes (since home depot is now out)? bookstore does sound good. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. an hourly job is a nice break from real life and using your brain, but you need to TEACH. ask for what you want and hold out until they offer it to you.

    OR you need to start reading the bazillion outdoor-education-camp emails i send you and do something unconventional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "give you a job" haha. throw in your connections. aka: dr. pettit and all the other people who love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!