Tuesday, April 1

back in louisa

Today I did a bunch of random sorting out my life things. I went to visit Mom at work and interview with Diana as a possible geological tech at the mine. Then I went to Food Lion and CVS. I dread going to Food Lion sometimes (or the food dog as my Aunt Barbara calls it bc the logo looks sort of like a dog). It's not really the selection or prices, it is the fact that I have to wait in the checkout line and the awkward running into people that I went to school with that I have nothing in common with and dont want to talk to but somehow am forced into making meaningless idle chatter. I was planning on going earlier in the day, but time slipped away, so I was there between 4 and 5 - one of the worst times to be there. Surprisingly I got out unscathed.

CVS was a different story. First they had to rerun my prescription (which I had called in) bc my insurance had changed and instead of being a top priority it was put at the bottom of whatever pile. Then I could only get one instead of three so I had to have my prescription refilled which took even more time. So I have all my card shopping done through mother's day and I had to talk to Paul S. from my high school media days. First of all we were aquaintences and classmates, not really friends. BLAH. He works construction with Dino, "you know who graduated before us with a whole bunch of other guys we went to school with." Yippee for you. "Haven't seen you around lately." I told him I had been traveling for 10 months and had just gotten home. "Ï have been to the Bahamas." Me too. Shocked that you have been out of Louisa. "Ï have some cousins in Anchorage that keep telling me to come visit them." Oh yeah, you should definitely go - and make the drive from Anchorage to Seward through a couple national parks including Denali, past some glaciers, etc. "Yeah, I'll get there."Sure you will. Finally he went away, I got my prescription and I went home.

5 comments:

  1. it is lousia! don't think it will ever change. part of living in a small town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. you could be like me and run away from people i see that i know from highschool. or throw bobbi jo at them :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI im pretty sure aunt barb calls it the "food dog" after the nature of the people who work there. not because of the logo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow kim you actually sound like a snob! maybe some of me did rub off on you a little bit (although karrie definitely got the brunt of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!