Wednesday, October 31

an airport made for sleeping


so i arrived at the cairns airport at apporoximately 11pm. a security guard asked me if i was there for the evening. i answered yes and she informed me there were some more comfortable benches just around the corner. brilliant! so i called mom, finished my book (which took about 2 hours - anyone who knows me and reading knows that if its good i cant put it down and i will read at the exclusion of all else - too bad books are super expensive here), and then layed out my sleeping bag and went to sleep. it was super comfortable.

i woke up to the noise of people being around and laughter. i am sure it was amusing to passers by. i checked in for my flight AND AGAIN NO ONE ASKED FOR MY ID OR VERIFIED I WAS WHO I SAID I WAS. i bought a new book and read that all morning instead of sleeping - and when i thought about taking a nap they announced it was ten minutes until landing. oops. made it to adelaide no problem and to dan's house. he wasnt home, so i let myself in and took a nap on his couch. i woke up to him cutting cheese and eating red peppers.

it was halloween night, but they dont celebrate it here. some kid on a scooter did stop by to trick or treat but according to dan he wasnt even wearing a costume! dan cooked dinner and we watched futurama and house and a funny news / comedy show that constantly made fun of americans and headed to bed.

i put in some more pics from the reef - the land pics.

3 comments:

  1. ahahaha he was cutting the cheese when you woke up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also i am disappointed you didn't pitch your tent in the airport or make some kind of fort. and put on a sign on it that said "don't wake me until flight 235... OR ELSE." or "no boyz allowed."

    ReplyDelete
  3. my friend Kim...When I am sad or downtrodden, I find an internet connection and read your blog. It makes me happy. You are amazing...All these places you went to in Oz make me long to go back. I am excited to read about New Zealand now. I have never been.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!