Saturday, December 21

Scrape scrape scrape

Today when I arrived at the house Dad was on the roof. He was earlier than I expected and already poking around. He said he'd already peeked on all the windows and looked in the shed. Typical. I joined him on the roof just to see what was up there and to learn some Jancaitis roofing wisdom.

Once we got down I have Dad the tour, then Aaron arrived and he gave Dad the outside and garage tour. While they were chatting I finished ripping little shreds of wallpaper.

After a while Dad came in and started tackling the brown party of the wallpaper with the glue backing. He tried a variety of scraping tools with water and then the wallpaper solution I had purchased. He just kept at it for hours from knee height to ceiling.

My Mom and Carol stopped by to see the house and get the tour and they helped some too. Mom and Carol did great on the bottom portion finishing two of tree big walls and Dad scraped the upper portions of all the walls. I'm taking very little credit on the glue removal because I did all of the paper removal. Before we left for dinner the master bedroom was paper and glue free!

We still need to finish up both bathrooms, but now we've got our techniques down, and they have been pretreated with the spray so it should go quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!