Friday, December 27

A newer new oven

All of the appliances in this house seem new and we are not really sure why.

A wall mounted oven seems awesome, but I quickly learned that it was a really small oven. None of my cookie sheets fit (granted I kind of have professional size sheets), my dutch oven wouldn't fit, and my lasagna pan would barely fit!

James said he saw ovens on Craigslist all the time, broke out the tape measure to get the dimensions of the space, and put Karrie on the hunt. Turns out there was a ton of wasted space there and yes indeed several double wall ovens within a reasonable distance.

For some new house decisions I have been a little undecided or wishy washy, but I love to bake so the decision that the current oven was too small was quick (despite the fact that it seems there are other things that money could be spent on). So on Christmas Eve Karrie emailed about a potential oven offering cash and a quick pickup and on the day after Christmas James drove up to bargain and pick it up. Even in unfamiliar territory, James found the place, got the deal, and made it happen.

I'm not really sure what exactly had to happen for the new double oven to go in (Karrie and I were back and forth at 511 packing). It certainly required that the old tiny one come out and that the hole had to get much bigger. Dad also constructed some sort of platform in the void to support the greater weight of the new double oven. Some party supplies were found in the void which brought smiles to some hard working faces.

At a point where we were all tired and hungry, the beast of a double oven was lifted in to place and installation was finally complete. Because of the time, we decided to celebrate with Mexican food and the largest beers in town. However since then the ovens have been tested and have been found to be superior!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!