Monday, December 14

unpacking and more unpacking

so this was possibly the worst time for me to move as far as crazy amounts of things for me to do... but that's when moving happened. As a result, a lot of boxes are just sitting around waiting for me to unpack them, go through them, or move them. A lot of what I have is books, so I need shelves to put them on in order to unpack them. So the boxes have just been sitting there.

Over the weekend Dad came with a bookshelf (from Karrie) and we also went to Lowe's and Ace to get some other odds and ends. We bought some new shelves to add above the existing ones in the closet and after a total Rummikub move, rearranged all the shelves so they fit and work (initially there was a math error and potentially a shelf that was too short).

Today after school, I realized that I didn't have much to do, so I came home with the intentions of unpacking things. I have filled the one book shelf and finally rearranged my kitchen cabinets and filled them. I have emptied four boxes and two bags (at some point I ran out of boxes and used reusable bags hold books). I am in the midst of rearranging and reorganizing the closet so it is more usable and then so I can fill the shelves with other stuff. Maybe I will even get to my Christmas cards tonight...

3 comments:

  1. in time...in time...it all takes time. i know you don't want to wait but it all takes time. know you are enjoying you new apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. think you will really enjoy the new place, especially if you dont stress over getting things all straight immediately. glad to help and see you wed nite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaron and i still haven't unpacked from our last move in july. no worries!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!