Wednesday, December 23

Roscoe the Rascal

This morning I awoke to the beep beep beep of backing up trucks and the rumble of snow removal equipment as the sidewalks and parking spaces of the town were cleared in front of the courthouse. I suppose I had to get up anyway, just not that early.

I headed to Shannon's to feed the cat and the dog. There were some icy patches, but otherwise the roads were ok. I opened a new cat food can for Jane and headed towards the shed to take care of Roscoe. I broke apart the ice in the waterbowl, shovel-threw all the poop out of the pen, and fed him. I decided to be nice and take him for a walk around the yard. Near the house he escaped the choke collar, but I cornered him on the porch trying to eat the cat food. We walked around the field and then he escaped again. This time he was not easily cornered.

Roscoe ran through the woods into a neighbor's yard and nosed around exploring the various carcasses. Why they had many carcasses, I do not know. I don't know if they even were aware that I was running around their yard trying to get Roscoe.

Running through the calf-deep snow is one thing, but trying to dodge tree branches and dig through drifts makes it much more difficult. Roscoe was definitely a rascal. He probably thought we were playing some sort of game and he didn't want me to have whatever leg he was chewing on. I chased him back into the woods and eventually out into the field. Then back towards the house and to the house.

Then I got him... when he got on the porch he finally put down the leg or whatever it was he was chewing on down and went after the catfood. And he was cornered on the porch. This time I clipped the leash to him instead of using it like I was supposed to for the choke collar and walked him straight to the pen. He whined and complained and I didn't care.

Tomorrow I will be more careful. Obviously I am not a good choke-collar operator.

2 comments:

  1. mwrahahahahahaha! Sorry Kim, but I just had to laugh out loud when I read your entry today! Don't ya just gotta love house-sitting? =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. choke collar...guess you didn't get that part, uh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!