Monday, August 17

Technology

So today in class we talked about tides... and then i usually show a blue planet segment about it... so it was in the DVD player ready to go, but I got picture and no sound. So I dug out an S-video cable and got picture and no sound.

I tried playing it in the DVD player in this laptop (don't even get me started on the school laptop issues) and all I got was gobbledy gook. So I took the disc out wiped it and tried again... still gibberish.

Problem solving. By now the students are done with their vocabulary... so I asked them, "Alright how can we problem solve so we can watch this video?" One smart alec kid asked me why I didn't try it out before so that it would be working now. Grrr. Another told me I should look it up on YouTube.

Duh! For some reason YouTube has been unblocked at school (hallelujah) so I quickly searched the Blue Planet title I wanted and cha-ching it worked! We even had enough time to watch the next segment. So for those of you have not seen this epic undersea masterpiece... you can now watch it for free even if you cant get the DVD player to work. :)

3 comments:

  1. better living through modern technology!! At least your kids can think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job miss J! those teenagers aren't completely worthless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love technology! By the way, I'm working on a little dvd magic here at home too_hopefully y'all can expect a package before too long. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!