Tuesday, August 18

more technology issues

so you tube has been blocked because an elementary student was looking at porn. so now i need to get my dvd player working.

i tried for at least an hour with every cord i could get my hands on and three different dvd players. Pictures and no sound.

so i went around and asked other people for cords. nothing i dont have. dan called the technology wizard and asked him and he said i could come look.

so i did. it took at least four tries to get the wizard to understand what i needed and then he told me that they didnt make such a cord and why was i not playing the dvd on my laptop? i told him it wouldnt play on my lap top. he said i probably needed the driver.

so i went back upstairs and then back down to bring him my computer. nope have the driver... where's the dvd. so i walked back upstairs and then back down to bring him the dvd.

well the dvd still doesn't play bc i don't have the correct codecs the wizard tells me. so he downloads another dvd player that still doesn't work.

more than two hours later my dvd player (either one) still doesn't work or won't produce sound with my projector.

Finally I called Mom to see if she was still in Louisa (she was). She asked the folks at Walgreen's for a phone book and gave me Radio Shacks phone number, I called them, they think they have what I want (a male ended RCA to a male ended Audio jack) and she is going to pick it up (another reason why she is the best mom ever(yesterday she picked up gummi bears for a chemistry lab that could have waited but after doing it today I am glad that I had them sooner)).

In the meantime it is six o clock and I have gotten nothing accomplished other than frustration so i cant even go home yet. GGGGRRRRRRR. So I will make some copies and then I will go home. I already told mom that we are having cobbler and ice cream for dinner.

3 comments:

  1. at least you got a workout in :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "best mom ever".... :-)

    somehow we missed that cobbler...looking forward to it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want cobbler. :(

    you should just spend $30 at walmart and buy your own DVD player with an INSTRUCTION MANUAL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!