You know they (they being ‘the man’) want us to make every day educational and use our time wisely. So I made plans based on the schedule given to me. Then they screwed with the schedule. Twice. Ugh.
First thing this morning they made an announcement reminding us that when we give treats to our kids that some students have very serious allergies to peanuts and other things. My first thought was “who’s giving treats?” They are going to get treats from their own families and who buys easter candy full price? Well what teacher does? I certainly wait until after easter.
My students even asked me if I was going to give them candy. My question to them was, “Have I ever given you candy? It’s not good for you and you will get plenty from someone else.” I did give them easter stickers today.
Third period is regular length – it always is because of lunch schedules so we did what I planned and then watched some short video clips. The first clip was about jelly belly jellybeans. The second was about the chocolate making process. So sort of understandable why third period asked… but not the rest of them. Greedy Middleschoolers!
Because third period was so much longer I had downloaded some other video clips and “Fartzilla” caught my eye. The show is called Grossology and it comes on the Discovery Channel – a cartoon about two crime fighting teens who enjoy fighting gross mysteries. The titles looked interesting, but not really related to physical science.
Fartzilla is hilarious. Really. And since I am older and know more fart jokes and references, it is especially amusing to me. I will admit I giggled and smirked every time some cartoon in the program farted. An amusing way to waste class time.
Spring Break starts in an hour (Fun Friday – more movies and then lunch for the Bunny Hop).
The Bunny Hop for the last ten minutes of lunch was HILARIOUS. All of us teachers were encouraged to particpate - and I got a lot of compliments from my sutdnets as being the best bunny-hopper (maybe because of the bunny ears i had been wearing it all).
25 More Things
12 years ago
all that info on Jelly Belly might come in handy when the River-Lofts Easter Bunny drops off your load:D
ReplyDeletea am sure it was the ears that made you the best bunny-hopper!
ReplyDelete