It was a pretty day and a great hike... we're just going to do it again, earlier, and see if we can enjoy it with less people. And maybe more of the leaves will have changed too. :)
Before we could watch the game I told Aaron he had to clean the bathroom and I volunteered to vacuum. The stinkbugs are driving Aaron crazy. Stinkbugs are invasive from Asia and they don't really have many predators and they are particularly bad this year. They are worse where Aaron lives because he is way out in the woods (I haven't really seen any at home). He doesn't know how they are getting in his apartment, but he hates their loud buzzing flying, there is not much to deter them, you just kill them. He runs around with a plastic mountain dew bottle smashing them and hitting them until they are dead. As a result his carpet was littered with carcasses, and as someone who walks around barefoot, I thought less crunching would be nice. For dinner, Aaron showed me how to make nachos and we watched parts of the Michigan game, but not much because they played terribly. And I fell asleep, so we headed to bed early.
Sunday morning, we went to Warrenton so I could see the town and so Aaron could take his trash and recycles to the dump. We also stopped at Walmart to get Aaron a vacuum with a long hose. He was like a kid at Christmas running around sucking up the stinkbugs. Now he no longer has to smash them, just suck them up. He even stands on a chair, holding the vacuum up in one arm, the hose in the other to suck the stinkbugs up trying to take refuge in the skylight. It is highly amusing.
i bet those stink bugs get in the same way the ladybugs do...however that is!!
ReplyDelete