Sunday, September 28

Time out # 1 Busy as a Bee

So I partnered with this lady I met at a conference to rewrtie an online marine biology curriculum. No big deal. I sort of forgot about it, but still made the deadline. It wasnt that much work for me and I really didnt even have to consult any books. The hardest part was copying and pasting it from blackboard.

THEN they come back and tell me that I need to make a bunch of assignments, quizzes, rewrtie the syllabus, blah, blah, blah and post it online. Um what? Tricia was fuming mad bc that was not the impression she got either. Turns out that I could either finish it and get paid or they take what I had done for them already, use it, and hire someone else to finish it, and I get no money. Right.

So I know I havent written in almost a month, but maybe that tells you what kind of month that I have been having. I am teaching another new course, that does overlap with the chemistry I taught at the high school level (for now, wait til we get to physics grrrr), it does require some tweaking and effort. Kelley came home for her Virginia reception to her May wedding and I had some friends visit from Australia (that I stayed with in Rockhampton when I was there - Hooray couchsurfing), and maybe a million other things.

So it was put off and putt off to accomodate all the things that needed to be done right now. Well not the curriculum needs to be done right now. It is due on the 30th. Well I spent at least ten hours working on stuff yesterday - and finished Unit 1. Four more units to go in two days, one of those that I have to be at work for, and yet I still sit here and procrastinate. Oh well. Some things never change.

And really, I never signed a contract, they never answered any of my questions, or sent me that materials they said they were going to overnight. So who knows if they are even going to pay me anyway?

Nose to the grindstone... pound that coffee and go Kim go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!