Thursday, December 15

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Christmas is getting closer and everyone knows it. The town of Culpeper has hung their wreaths and decorated the street lamps and their is a community tree lit at the train depot right outside our favorite bar.
Aaron and I bought a fake tree and got a real deal. I shopped around and found this pre-lit winner. For such a bargain tree it looks great and has so many lights.

It looks great and I love all the family ornaments that Aaron had to contribute. Some of his ornaments are circa 1950 and it was fun for me to go through them because I had never seen them. Very different than all the homemade ones I had to contribute. Plus we bought a few this summer on our New England road trip to remember the vacation. I wish I had thought about this last summer - so the hunt is on for a bison ornament. This photo shows off our Maine lobster ornament, a peek at our moose eating the snowman's carrot nose from New Hampshire, some old family glass ornaments, and my favorite Snoopy stocking ornament I found in Aaron's collection.

Still working on that PBR bottlecap garland though. Probably won't make it onto this year's tree...

All wedding projects have ground to a halt because of end of term finals and the holiday season, but I have big plans for the holiday break to knock out a few more. My big project recently has been addressing and personalizing Christmas cards. I started at Jeanette's holiday crafting shindig, but ran out of cards before I could finish. Between my family and friends and Aaron's, the list as grown quite a bit. Today I mailed at the second half and I am happy to have this task complete.

I finished up my Christmas shopping a while ago and have wrapped my gifts and stuffed Aaron's stocking. Once again it is stuffed to capacity with odds and ends that I think Aaron needs. I need to craft a few things to finish up gifts for others and should now have time to do that.

Holiday baking and brewing has been on the rise and recipe ideas from my sister has certainly helped. That and baking for other people. Hopefully everyone wants to eat Christmas cookies so I don't gain 50 pounds. ;)

My favorite part about Christmas are the Christmas specials on TV. I am not talking about the mushy ones on Hallmark- I'm talking Flintstone's, Mickey, and Prep&Landing. I have recorded a whole bunch of ones I have never seen and inviting Aaron to watch them with me.

I am devastated that I have never seen Miser Brother's Christmas before. It's another stop motion classic a la Rankin&Bass like Rudolph and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. It was great! Aaron recorded National Lampoon's Christmas, a favorite of his, for me. I had never seen it all the way through and I did enjoy it.

I am sure there is more holiday excitement to come and certainly more Christmas specials to watch. Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!