It's a snowy snowy day and it's probably about time for an update about recent adventures. Here I am with my snow weapon of choice - the dust pan and big icicle in my other hand.
The truth of the matter is there really have not been that many adventures lately. The end of the semester is a busy time for me as I push my students to get their final projects done in Marine Ecology and majorly stress out because my chemistry students are not stressing out enough about their chemistry final. I spend afternoons working with kids and evenings planning, grading, and working on my own school work. Luckily all but one passed the chemistry sol (the last is out sick and has not been to school) and all but two turned in their projects. There is still at least one more day of the semester and it will either be Friday (yeah right) or after the new year before we switch to the new semester.
The end of the school semester is also the end of the semester for the classes I am taking. Aaron and I both have spent at least one day of each weekend typing away at something since before Thanksgiving. I was really lucky to have a snow day on Monday too and spent the entirety of it in front a computer working on a final that I thought was due Wednesday. It was due Monday and luckily I checked and had enough time to put some finishing touches on it before I turned it in.
We have had a few adventures. Aaron carved his first jack-o-lantern since childhood. We went to a farm that had an awesome jack-o-lantern lighting with over a thousand pumpkins. We went to Bass Pro Shops for the first time... and if you have never been it is an adventure. We did some great fall hikes when the leaves were in peak and after. We went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra and rocked out. Aaron came to a colonial dancing ball and I think had a good time. We went to Karrie's for Thanksgiving and watched lots of football (worked on papers) and did a holiday lights safari at a local wildlife park that was hysterical. Who thought it was a good idea to let cars and trucks haphazardly drive amongst herds of deer, a few zebras, and some monstrous cows? As Dad said, "I wouldn't miss it for the world." (Lately Dad is the one having adventures. He is driving out west and meeting Panzer and then perhaps to see the Pacific?) I took Aaron to the faculty Christmas party and we won a contest because Aaron can count change incredibly fast (something like 6 coins to make some amount). We've made gingerbread cookies and plan on houses sometime soon. For Christmas we were planning on lazy days, exchanging stockings, a trip to Cleveland, and sleeping in.
I suppose the next adventure for the year and the beginning of the next year is about to begin. Aaron and I have been talking about moving in together in Culpeper. It's pretty even for the both of us and as far as commuting its no different than if I were to live in Richmond or Charlottesville and along much prettier roads. Over Thanksgiving we poked around on the internet to see what kinds of housing are available and what the costs might be. We answered a vague Craigslist ad because we were curious and taking a break to procrastinate.
Brick house, downtown Culpeper. Walk to restaurants, shops, parks, museum and movie theater! Rates and terms flexible. House is well worth your time to check it out. Email for more information.
It was listed again in another town. Here's the other ad.
Very nice brick home in downtown Culpeper. Walk to shops, restaurants, movie theater, parks, and work! Home has wood floors, washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, central heat and A/C. Fully renovated 1920's home with a lot of character. Terms are flexible depending on what you need. Available immediately. No pets. Please contact me for more information!
I'm not really sure which one we answered. We thought it sounded like a great deal, wondered what the catch was, got more information, thought it was even better, and still wondered what the catch was. Aaron drove by the address once, thought it was pretty cool looking, but was looking at the wrong house. The second time he drove by and went to the correct house and thought it looked even better. We met at the coffeeshop in Culpeper on Thursday like we did all semester before schedules all crazy and then we walked over to see the house and meet the owner.
The owner is super nice and the house is amazing. It took us five minutes to walk there from the coffeeshop, it's beautiful, has great character, is nicely restored, and the rate is great. Though our original thought was June, we can't pass up a deal like this even if there is only one shower, a closet shower and its downstairs. So instead, we are getting everything in order now and we are moving Aaron in over New Years. I'm going to move more gradually, but will be in by Lee Jackson King Day. So a little but sooner, but we are both really excited.
Wow! Kim that is great news! Congrats to you and Aaron for moving in together and for finding a great house. I'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDelete