Tuesday, December 21

The moon makes me feel stupid

Last night was a total lunar eclipse and I thought I would wake up and at least check it out. I am not really sure if I have seen one before in real life, and what the heck! I don't have to work today.

My alarm goes off at 250 and I am so shocked and surprised by this that all sorts of things whoosh through my mind as I sit straight up and then reach to turn off my alarm. Darn the whistling wizard ringtone. I go peek out my blinds and windows seeing if I can see the moon, but no luck. So I bundle up, grab my keys, and head out the door.

I couldn't see the moon from Main Street, so I headed behind to the Alley. Nope can't see it there either. I slip and slide on the ice towards Maddox. Can't see if there either. Then my brain turns on. So the moon probably follows the same rising and setting pattern as the sun... I'm looking in the wrong direction. Back on Main Street I still can't find it. How stupid I feel that I cannot find the moon! I walk past my apartment and then suddenly I catch a glimpse of it over the post office. It was a little cloudy and because it was peak eclipse time, it was also reddish brown and dark and pretty difficult to see.

I stare it for a couple minutes... and wonder if I can see if from my apartment. I head back inside, peel off some layers, take down a curtain and sit on the chest and gaze upward. This kind of hurts my neck, so then I discover I can lay on the floor. Much more comfortable. I watch for a little longer. This is stupid I think. If I can lay on the floor than surely I can lay in my bed!

I watched the moon for a little while longer all coppery red and looking weird, rolled over and snuggled in the warm blankets, and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!