This is Trailer K. 8 classrooms - math, science, and English, two water fountains, no bathroom. Currently it is holding the top 10, all the graduating female seniors and 10 teachers!
For those of you unfamiliar with our trailer situation it definietly had an impact on graduation.
First and foremost was parking... the trailer park is situated on most of the former high school parking lots so with expected attendance at graduation, parking was at a premium. Off site parking with shuttle school buses was arranged and actually worked quite well. Aaron was assigned parking duty (and I helped because I was there) and has hashed a master plan to make it work better next year. The school bus drivers on duty that day were a hoot and were all about getting people to and fro in a timely manner.
Second was lining up. Normally all the students are in the same hallway upstairs so they can mingle for a bit before heading to their rooms to get lined up. Mr. Brown and Nurse Toombs circulate making sure people are appropriately attired and that ties are tied, things are pinned, and everyone looks their best. I'd love to know how many safety pins and bobby pins are purchased in preparation. Because of the trailers, girls were in none, boys in another. The only fault I have with the whole process is that girls were put in a trailer without a bathroom. I finally had to give them a cut off time for primping to be back in the right trailer and still there were a few emergencies. Course I also made the rounds reminding them to turn off their ringers and such.
The coolest things about graduation this year, for a class that experienced there last year of high school in three different locations, and did well despite setbacks, is that they received a brick from the high school. A dirty, dusty, mortar-clinging-in-the-holes, authentic Louisa County High School brick. I think that is awesome.
Good luck Class of 2012. Get out and see something. Come back if you want - but GET OUT!
25 More Things
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks!