One of the reasons I ask this is dinner is not my thing. I am not good at dinner. I have no idea how to cook meat (and really don't care to learn because someone else will always be better me - I'll challenge you to cookies instead). And the things I am marginally good at have recipes that take a long time so if you want them for dinner you need to plan ahead (meatloaf, shepherd's pie, etc). I can't cook dinner by touch or feel, I need a recipe. Perhaps this is why I am good at baking. Plus we probably need to go to the grocery store before we make anything.
Truthfully we eat a lot of nachos. One because they are quick, easy, and delicious. I'm hungry when I get home from work and this one takes no time. Two, to me its still novel. We never ate nachos for dinner at my house. Aaron still thinks it is funny that I was mystified when he suggested it the first time. I didn't know you could make nachos at home.
We (together) don't always eat dinner. Aaron is out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for class and bowling so I am on my own those nights. I usually eat leftovers from the weekend.
We eat out a lot. And I'm ok with that. We can walk to more than five yummy restaurants in town and nothing is better on a Friday then burgers and beer (especially with this crazy schedule and getting home no earlier than 6pm). If it's not Friday, then I usually suggest Mexican or Thai because we hardly ever go to either place, they're cheap, and I like them both. Aaron can't always handle the spice so he usually says no.
Last night he said yes to Mexican so off we went. Were it a bit warmer, we would have walked, but we bottled beer until 7pm and it was time to get there and eat! We got there and there was no parking and a lobby full of waiting people. Luckily after about 10 minutes they seated the large birthday group, got everyone else situated and we got a table. We had learned there were three birthday groups in house including two groups of 20 so when our waiter took our drink order, we squeezed in our food order, hoping to get in before the large parties logjammed the kitchen.
Success! Our food was out before we could even put a dent in the 25oz Negro Modelo draft.
I have to send you a new cookie recipe we've tried and liked. It has flax meal and brewer's yeast in it...yum!
ReplyDelete