Tuesday, November 8

Small Victories

Today I am watching the second to last lecture for BioStatistics. I cannot tell you how tired I am of these lectures and this class. I am learning a lot, but it's very difficult for me. I understand that statistics, but I get bogged down in the math and calculations. I was excited to find out this was the second-to-last-lecture, crossing my fingers for no homework this week because there is none listed on the syllabus, and then disgruntled to learn that today's lecture is one hour and fifty-two minutes! Usually they run a little over an hour and I have difficulties sitting still and paying attention to just that. So I listen and do something else - like scan the interenet for ideas or pictures or something else mindless. It has to be mindless because if I start to focus on whatever it is then I completely stop paying attention to the lecture and then I have to watch it again which is even more painful. 

So today's small victory, other than getting through this lecture? I stamped and personalized 250 cocktail napkins. That's huge. Now (according to Nora) I should have more than enough (I have stamped others during previous lectures, but went and bought more at Nora's suggestion). And I saved mucho money. Stamping is a good mindless project because it doesn't take up much space, it's not messy, and I can pause at any time to write down a tidbit I think is important. I stamped 100 thank you cards and 100 envelopes to personalize those and tie in lovely lime green colors. I emailed the town manager to find out about the park. Although my hand is red from where the handle hits it, it is good to get these small mindless projects out of the way so I do not have to think about them anymore, but will appreciate when it comes time to lay out those napkins and send those thank yous. 

I still have 12 more minutes of this lecture - but I'm feeling accomplished. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!