Monday, September 20

So freaking tired

So I came down with something... which is unusual in and of itself. I usually do not get sick until SOL week in December. While I was grading papers on Friday afternoon waiting for Aaron, my nose dribbled a few streams of snot which I found annoying. By the time Aaron arrived, I was on tissue 12. I heated some of Dad's chili and made cornbread with a box mix for dinner. At the football game, I didn't really notice the snot as much as the headache, but I probably just wiped my snot on my sleeve (hope I washed that shirt). I saw a few of my students who later mentioned in class that they saw me with my boyfriend (everyone who didn't see me was instantly disapointed). One said she didn't get a good luck, another stated that he did and that my boyfriend was cute. And he liked Aaron's facial hair. Good thing my students approve. ;)

Saturday I woke up earlier than Aaron and did some homework for my classes including listening to a lecture. Then I went and got back in bed with Aaron because I was sleepy and my head hurt. We eventually got up and I made blueberry muffins for breakfast. Then we met up with Dad to go to Field Day of the Past a huge event that happens every year in Rockville that I have never been to. It's pretty interesting and very large - something like 20 acres. There are a lot of old steam machines that they have running so you can see how they work - like an old fashioned board cutter, there's a tractor pull, a car show, and a whole bunch of other random stuff. I forgot my box of tissues, so I was carrying around a paper towel and slowly ripping it into usable tissue pieces. Dad told me I looked woozy and that I shouldn't drive, so I made Aaron drive. I was planning on letting him drive anyway and I fell asleep at least twice on the way home while trying to stay awake so I could give Aaron directions.

For dinner I heated up some more of Dad's chili and made some fresh cornbread - this time homemade. Perfect except I forgot the baking powder and it didn't rise. We were going to go to the drive-in, but I didn't think I was going to be able to make it. I was using a steady supply of tissues, had a sinus headache, and was sleepy. We watched Life in Cold Blood - Reptiles and I fell asleep on the couch before 9 (Aaron says before 8). Aaron thinks I look cute when I sleep with my mouth open, but the thought of that disgusts me. I hate sleeping with my mouth open but it is kind of necessary when you cannot breath through your nose.

The next morning I woke up around 10 and decided to make bread because someone else had posted that they were making bread on facebook and that sounded good. When Aaron woke up I made bacon and eggs for breakfast because Aaron had never had eggs cooked in bacon grease and I thought it would go well with the fresh bread. :) After breakfast, we went to FoodLion to get ravioli ingredients and stopped by Mom's to get some more board games. We got home around 1 and Aaron made me lay on the couch with him where I promptly fell asleep. He started twitching so I rolled over onto the floor and fell back asleep. Then I woke up and my face hurt because of the carpet, so I went and got in bed. Around 345 I decided it was time to get up and try to get a coffee from the coffeeshop before they closed at 4. Except they have changed their hours once again and now close at 2 on Sundays. So I made coffee and then we got to work on the raviolis.

We did not have luck with the ravioli maker, it was a big mooshy mess, so we decided to take the ravioli filling and make lasagna, and take the dough and make lasagna noodles. (PICTURE COMING) Much easier and quite tasty. We're not sure where we went wrong with the raviolis so we might try again some day. I think making the noodles is really fun plus Aaron had never made lasagna. After dinner, Aaron headed home, I graded some papers, and I was in bed by 9. Surprisingly to me (who had slept in til 10 and slept from 1 to 330) I had no problem falling asleep. And I was tired when my alarm went off.

It's 830 now, and guess what. I'm going to blow my nose, put on some vicks vaporub and go to bed.

4 comments:

  1. just wait till you're pregnant. 36 weeks (so far) of non-stop congestion and sneezing. i had to leave the movie store for a shower yesterday (without a movie) because i forgot my tissues and was covered in snot in 5 seconds flat.

    hope you feel better tho -- get a NETI POT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so this is what happens when you hang out with high school kids who go to school sick...hmmmm...do i remember any one who did that? hope you are feeling better soon...i have had a time of it myself (sympathy for Kelley, maybe--from both of us!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! Maybe the Louisa sinus infection problem is finally catching up with you?? Oh, and Ryan says, "go to the doctor".

    p.s. this is what he always tells me too. =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!