Monday, September 28

Neptune Festival

I survived a windy but not too cold day at the beach for the Neptune Festival. I enjoyed several permanent sculptures as well as the immense sand sculptures. Here I am posing with a friendly hermit crab.

I got there just in time for the parade which had some really great marching bands and baton twirlers, as well as a legion of Jedi knights and imperial guards.... that was weird. No blaring sirens or lawnmowers... but plenty of odd groups making appearances.

I walked through the crafter's tents admiring how un-tense they were as the wind whipped through the tents and things were swaying about.

There were several kinds of people competing... and it was amazing to me that as hard as the wind was blowing, these sculptures were as fixed as ever. I think that it would have been cool to be there watching as they were being made... maybe next year.

I had a good time relaxing at Aunt Barb's house with her and Jim and it was nice to get away. I will have to go back and visit soon.

3 comments:

  1. sounds almost perfect...time away is good...and with aunt barb is almost perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you got to relax on the beach. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Those are awesome sand sculptures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!